Saturday, December 01, 2007

Another poem

A good friend of mine sent this to me, and I thought I would post it here.

NO SCAR?

Hast thou no scar?
No hidden scar on foot, or side, or hand?
I hear thee sung as mighty in the land;
I hear them hail thy bright, ascendant star.
Hast thou no scar?

Hast thou no wound?
Yet I was wounded by the archers; spent,
Leaned Me against a tree to die; and rent
By ravening beasts that compassed
Me, I swooned.
Hast thou no wound?

No wound? No scar?
Yet, as the Master shall the servant be,
And piercèd are the feet that follow Me.
But thine are whole; can he have followed far
Who hast no wound or scar?

BY AMY CARMICHAEL,
IRISH MISSIONARY TO INDIA FOR 55 YEARS

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If everything is lost, thanks be to God

If I must see it go, watch it go,

Watch it fade away, die

Thanks be to God that He is all I have

And if I have Him not, I have nothing at all

Nothing at all, only a farewell to the wind

Farewell to the grey sky

Goodbye, God be with you evening October sky.

If all is lost, thanks be to God,

For He is He, and I, I am only I. - Julian (from A Severe Mercy)