Wednesday, January 02, 2008

My New Favorite

Hot drink, that is. I'm not a coffee drinker, as many of you know and tea is only an occasional thing. Hot chocolate doesn't do much for me, and when I have apple cider, I prefer it cold and unadulterated with spices or alcohol. That doesn't leave many options for hot drinks.

Since I'm fighting a cold, I wanted something hot to drink so I decided to heat some water and add lemon juice. It was tasty, but nothing very earth shattering. However, last week I bought some legendary lemons, lemons that I've never been able to find before. They're called Meyer lemons and apparently are a cross between lemons and mandarin oranges. Think of the tartness of normal lemons tempered by a floral citrus flavor, with just a hint of sweetness. I bought some of those to make a Meyer lemon/buttermilk ice cream for New Year's Eve, which was very tasty, by the way. Since I had a few leftover, I decided to heat some water this afternoon and add Meyer lemon juice instead a normal lemon.

Wow. If you can find some Meyer lemons, you won't believe how tasty just a glass of hot water is with a few squeezes of the juice from these tasty, tasty fruits.

No comments: