Monday, March 17, 2008

I've decided to pray about finding some sort of a spiritual mentor or spiritual director. I find I'm filled with all kinds of questions, thoughts, struggles and musings. As I think about life and our spiritual journey, I want someone to talk to about the thoughts and questions coursing through my head. I go to a counselor from time to time who has at times been a spiritual mentor, but he has a very clear role in my life, at least the way I see it, and I'd like to keep that separate from primarily having someone in my life to talk about questions of a spiritual nature.

I've lately begun to have some pretty heavy questions about what God's will might be for my life, including in some areas very dear to my heart. I don't want to write about them in my blog, and I don't want to talk about them necessarily with my friends and family either. I think sometimes we need the wisdom of a Godly man or woman, separate from our friends or family who can be counted on to respond dispassionately to what we feel God is telling us and give us insights that can only come from wisdom gained from years of following after God.

I would really like to find someone like that, but I'm not really sure how to go about finding one however.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'll be praying for you about your search, Dan. I've been meaning to ask my pastor about that very same thing.