Tuesday, May 06, 2008

From Whence the Pie-love Comes

I've been spending some time scanning in some old pictures for a couple of reasons. A lot of them have started to fade from age, and I'd like to capture them and try to fix them before they become too far gone to do anything with them.

I think this was taken when I was about four years old or so, and proof I've been messing around in the kitchen for as long as I can remember, as well as proof that my mom has known how to make the perfect pie crust for as long as I can remember too. I suspect I'm mixing up the filling for some pumpkin pies, just in time for Thanksgiving. That was my usual perch, just to the right of the counter. There are several pictures of me plopped right there, helping my mom whip up something tasty in the kitchen.


No comments: