Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Late Night Walk

It's a brisk evening tonight, and it's going to get even colder, down to 36 degrees. It felt nice to be able to pull on a sweatshirt and go for a nice walk. I have a walk that I really enjoy taking at night. In my neighborhood, there's a terrific overlook of all of downtown and it's a nice resting point that marks the half way point.

As I walked tonight, just having come from my friends Paul and Alison, I began thinking about my life right now, and I had an overwhelming sense of feeling that I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be right now. I can only describe it as a palpable feeling of peace which is something that I haven't felt very often in my life. Occasionally I think we have the grace to see our place clearly (or perhaps we occasionally choose to accept the grace that is always available to us). I realized that I'm at the point in the journey where I'm supposed to be, and that life is good, even though there are desires that I still hope desperately to have fulfilled.

I'm happy to be living my life here in Michigan, doing my career, enjoying the wonderful friends I've been blessed with, and working on this book that I'm convinced God wants me to write. There's a lot of peace in that awareness, and I realized tonight that's it very much more than OK that I'm single. There was peace and joy tonight on my walk, and for that I'm grateful.

All will be well, and all will be well, and all manner of things will be well.

No comments: