Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Another cake idea...

When one gets in a funk, what's the best thing to do?

Create a new cake recipe.

I'm going to get to work on a new chocolate cake, filled with all kinds of goodies. I'm not going to post what any of my cakes actually are until after the deadline, but I think this one could be pretty amazing. The idea came to me today while I was shopping at Meijer, and I just have to get to work on it.

Time to go crunch the numbers and get to whipping it up in the kitchen.

I'll post pictures.

3 comments:

Dan said...

It took me about 40 minutes to figure out the new recipe, but based on my calculations, it should work out just fine! We'll see about the taste, but I think that's going to be a winner too.

I do enjoy doing this, and it sure gets my mind off things.

Alison Hodgson said...

You should read Allison's comment on Torey's blog. She thinks you're looking good.

Please don't forget the Legume prophecies -I am not kidding.

And mourn your lament.

I am commenting on the wrong post, but am too lazy to change.

Glad to here you are channelling your pain into bettering the common good. I also approve of the tightening of security regarding your recipes. One can't be too careful.

Dan said...

Thanks for the comment Alison. It was nice to hear Allison's comment...encouragement always helps! I'm still clinging to the Legume prophecies--they're prominently displayed on my fridge still and I think about them every time I open the fridge. It will happen--in God's time. As far as "miracles and dreams" coming true, I just hope and pray that Meg will come "Home." That's the one I'm really hoping and praying for. And thanks for the admonition to live in the mourning. I don't want to shut it down. That's where I find myself right now, and I'm going to live in it until the season for mourning has past.