Thursday, October 09, 2008

Chocolates...again

Well, tonight I took a few minutes to whip up a ganache. The Kasteel Rouge Belgian ale I had a few weeks ago has stuck in my mind, and I thought it might be very tasty combined with dark chocolate as a filling for chocolates. I mixed cream and the beer, half and half, then added an equal amount of chopped dark chocolate to come up with the filling. It didn't have enough of a fruity flavor though, so I added a little raspberry port for good measure. Not having one of the fancy billion dollar chocolate funnels that professionals used, I ladeled the ganache into a Ziploc bag and snipped the tiniest of holes.

It was very satisfying filling my molds with ganache. It was one of those moments where your tongue sticks between your teeth, and sticks every so slightly out of your mouth. Yup--that's how I get when I'm working with chocolate, like a kid completely consumed by his latest passion. I'll let it set over night, and sometime over the weekend, when I have some free time, I'll seal them with a layer of chocolate. If all goes as planned, I'll have my first filled chocolates to try on Sunday night.

Giddy up!

1 comment:

Alison Hodgson said...

Those chocolates stuck in the mold were a bit of torture.