Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I'm in a major, major funk. I can't always figure out why these happen, though inevitably it's usually the result of a "perfect storm." I had a terrific time over the weekend, going up north to Traverse City and wine tasting, then over to some friends and their new cottage on Lake Michigan, then up to Tahquamenon Falls, then up to the Soo, as well as spending a night at a cabin Paul and Alison H. were renting on Lake Michigan. It was a terrific trip, and I was able to spend some fun time with some good friends.

I travel by myself. I choose to do it because I refuse to sit at home and mope. If I want to do wine tasting by myself, I do it. I'm not going to let my single state stop me. But as I've come home to a house I live in by myself, the longing within me to have a wife grows very strong within me. I accept that it's God's will for my life right now, but it's still difficult.

I feel overwhelmed by my book too--it's that hard, middle road where it's all bigger than I can tackle. It's a bit depressing, and honestly, working on the book causes me to deal with difficult things. Though I feel God's grace involved in the process, at times it can be hard to work through.

I've had a lot of people ask me lately how my "love life" is. Bah, humbug.

Thomas Merton says you're not supposed to tell others when you're suffering, but Christ says we're supposed to bear one another's burdens, so I'm sharing it. I'm in a lonely funk, my brothers and sisters, and I sure could use a little prayer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sending up a prayer right now baby!
-Torey

Dan said...

It seems a good night sleep, a good work out, and some prayer does wonders...so thanks, on two counts!