Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Really?

I was reading this on a Christian forum somewhere:

Whether it is sin or not, each person is to follow Jesus (the Cloud in the Desert) of their own life. The best we can do is teach a person how to listen to God and hear His voice for themselves and let GOD tell them what is right and wrong and how to deal with it and support each other, love each other and accept each other...with our many differences right to Jesus. No agendas. No judgments. No expectations. Just a healthy expectancy of Jesus showing up in each of our lives.

What? Everyone is just to "listen" and decide how God's telling us to live? I think if I was interested in ending a marriage where I wasn't happy, it could be very easy to convince myself that God was telling me to end it, as well as a whole slew of other hogwash that has nothing to do with anything God would tell us, whatsoever.

No comments: