- My son, when you come to serve the LORD, prepare yourself for trials.
- Be sincere of heart and steadfast, undisturbed in time of adversity.
- Cling to him, forsake him not; thus will your future be great.
- Accept whatever befalls you, in crushing misfortune be patient;
- For in fire gold is tested, and worthy men in the crucible of humiliation.
- Trust God and he will help you; make straight your ways and hope in him.
- You who fear the LORD, wait for his mercy, turn not away lest you fall.
- You who fear the LORD, trust him, and your reward will not be lost.
- You who fear the LORD, hope for good things, for lasting joy and mercy.
- Study the generations long past and understand; has anyone hoped in the LORD and been disappointed? Has anyone persevered in his fear and been forsaken? has anyone called upon him and been rebuffed?
- Compassionate and merciful is the LORD; he forgives sins, he saves in time of trouble
Sunday, September 27, 2009
A Bonus for becoming Catholic: more Scripture!