Sunday, November 29, 2009

I seem to be wasting time. I don't think it's awful, since I am writing, and writing a lot, but it's not working on my book. I've been spending a lot of time hanging around on some internet forums, raising points that I will be raising in my book, defending positions I will be defending in my book, but it's not writing the darn book!

The appeal of writing three or four paragraph comments is that they are concise and easily crafted. This book is DAUNTING, and it's not an easy subject to tackle and dig into, from an emotional stand point. I feel that I have much accomplished already, but all it feels like to me are loose strands, strewn all over the place, and to bring them into a cohesive whole is overwhelming to me. As I've spent time on these forums, however, I've become more and more convinced that my particular voice will be a very valuable addition to the conversation, and that God has indeed called me to write it.

I don't feel like I can do it, however, but I suppose that's exactly where God wants me to be: completely reliant on Him.

Please pray that I'll start work on it. As Anne Lamott said, it's "bird by bird." I just need to start again.

No comments: