Friday, March 30, 2007

Friday night musings

I suppose I'm finally moving on. I have mixed emotions about that, to be honest. I'm of course talking about Meg. We're slowly moving towards the "just friends" thing, even though when I saw her earlier this week, I was thrilled to see her, and she me.

I suspect there might always be a bit of a thrill to see her, since I'm her biggest fan, at least right now. But there's a change, which is only natural when you don't see someone as much, or speak as much as you once did. The intersection of our lives was pretty constant for a year and a half, but we're each beginning to go on our own path, and that can only result in a creeping distance that's regrettable to me, even if it's probably the "right thing."

It's beginning to dawn on me that we won't happen, and it still saddens me, but it is what it is, and it's time to move on. But I have clung for quite some time to the hope and possibility that we might find a way to work things out, and as it's beginning to register more clearly that this is very unlikely, there's a big empty feeling there that I don't like, which is for some reason all that much more poignant when I arrive home from work after a concert.

My conclusion as I sit here at home alone on a Friday night: beer and munchies are meager companions.

No comments: