Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Bathroom inspiration

To keep me rolling along, I'm going to post some pictures of my plans for the bathroom.

So here's the tile I'm going to be using, but with either a grey or black grout to make the white squares really pop, similar to my upstairs bathroom. Found this at Lowe's, after already buying another tile. I like this a lot better for my house, and it was 20% off!


A room shot of the tile.



The wall is going to be wainscoting, like this picture. It's a little wider than the standard wainscoating that you usually find. Most is 1 1/2 or 2 inches wide. I liked seeing a slightly wider beading, and I was able to find some in town that's 3 inches wide. I like it. Still zeroing in on the chair rail and the base trim pieces. I don't like the standard chair rail that you usually find. I really like the stuff in this photo, so I'll be doing some more searching around, probably online.



I've been thinking of a wall color similar to this bathroom below. I think it would look great, and fit well with the color scheme of the rest of my house.




This is the bathroom sconce I'll be using, but in nickel finish instead of bronze like this.



And these are the toilet and sink I'll be using, but in white. I've had these for at least two years, maybe three. About time they got into the bathroom, don't you think?




2 comments:

Alison Hodgson said...

I think it's going to look great.

Kinda show-offy.

Dan said...

hey now, it would be kinda show-offy if it was finished, and actually looked remotely like those pictures.

There are miles to go before we sleep, though.

Hey...here's a question for you: should I get an exhaust fan that also has a light in it? Or just let the sconce be light enough?