Monday, March 26, 2007

Wallpaper is down!


Just finished up. Spent about six or so hours on it today. Started with the steamer. Rented it for four hours and only got two strips of wallpaper down. It was a total POS, with more steam coming out the release valve than came out of the attachment I was using. Oh well. Talked to a friend who had good luck with one of those sprays, so I bought two kinds: Dif, and something called WP Powerblaster. The latter worked pretty well, but I'll still have to either go over the entire surface again to get the last remnants off, or just sand it off. We'll see what I feel like doing. I think I'll have to end up sanding anyway, so I'll probably just do that.

Next step: start adding some firring strips to the ceiling to bring the drywall down a little bit, and then getting the exhaust fan situated and drilling the hole for the exhaust vent. Then I'll have to seriously begin thinking about the electric work that needs to be done, and in between, I'll work on patching the walls. The floor will wait until all of that messy stuff is done.

But for now, it's time to pour myself some Calvados, and light up a cigar.

No comments: