Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Another No-Go

I just discovered the finalists for the Bundt Cake competition, and none of mine made the list.

Here are the finalists:

Valentine's Day
"Chocolate Covered Cherry Cake" - submitted by Melissa Smith, Zimmerman, MN
St. Patrick's Day
"Irish Whiskey Bundt Cake" - submitted by Jackie Gioia, Orange Park, FL
Easter
"Lemon Lime Easter Cake" - submitted by Rebecca Reece, Henderson, NV
Mother's Day
"'Mother May I?' Meyer Lemon Baby Cakes with Candied Zest" - submitted by Erin Renouf Mylroie, Santa Clara, UT
Father's Day
"Daddy's Double Espresso Chocolate Cake with Cappuccino Froth" - submitted by Linda Rohr, Darien, CT
Independence Day
"Ameri-Candy Doodle Dandy Bundt Cake" - submitted by Michelle Turner, Holcomb, KS
Halloween
"Candy Corn Halloween Bundt Cake" - submitted by Sharon Gretzula, Zephyrhills, FL
Thanksgiving
"Caramel-copia Thanksgiving Bundt Cake" - submitted by Anna Reiser, Hortonville, WI
Hannukah
"Magen David D'Light Cake" - submitted by Mollie Hejl, Austin, TX
Christmas
"Mint Mountains" - submitted by Anne Kornow, Dexter, MI
You better believe I'll be making everyone of these cakes. No way is that Irish Whiskey cake a better representation of St. Patrick's Day than my Guinness Irish Cream cake, and no way can it be as tasty. Oh well. On to the next competition. I guess when I enter this one next year, I have to come up with an embarrassing name like "Ameri-Candy Doodle Dandy Bundt Cake."

2 comments:

Alison Hodgson said...

You should have gone with Big-Bottomed Girl!

Maybe the Candy Doodle Dandy Lady will start name consulting...

Anonymous said...

I am the proud submitter of Ameri-Candy Doodle Dandy cake. Just got home from a fabulous week in San Francisco. Not sure if I'm the big winner, but unless you have seen the cake, you would never know how fitting the name is! Plus the fact that my grandson Aidan (translates "Little Fiery One" in Celtic) was born on the Fourth of July and his nickname is Punky Doodle. Not a bit embarrasing to me; as he will have a special birthday cake for years to come! ~Michelle

P.S. I could be retained to consult on your names in the future.....