Wednesday, September 19, 2007

What do you do when you're in a funk?

You've got to start working on projects, being productive and getting some things done.

I've got renewed motivation to shed some pounds. I'd like to be back at my "fighting weight" by the time I ever feel I could date again, and I know if I do so, I'll feel better about myself. If all goes as planned, I should be back at my previous arrival point of 195 lb. by the middle of March or at the latest April 1. That's roughly ten pounds a month, which I'm confident I can do. I'm actually starting another blog where I can chronicle it, with before and after pics, as well as progress pics to keep me motivated. I've found an entire community here on blogspot of like minded individuals, so I hope to get involved with a few of them to help keep me on target.

I'm also working on my house. I'm a bit of a slob, though I hate living in a mess. It adds to any funk you might be feeling, so I'm determined to get every room in the house clean and organized. Divide and conquer.

And finally, there are projects to be completed. My back door has been in need of a paint job for a year or so. It cracks and peels, and it's just an eye sore. I scraped all the paint off a couple of days ago and hope to have it painted by this weekend. I have plans for a new front door too, as soon as my WMU paycheck comes, and I'm also going to be buying some furniture. My bedroom has always felt like I'm living in a dorm, and I'm tired of it. And let's not forget my bathroom either. I want to have that done by November 1. After that, I'm going to get serious about working on my kitchen. I'd like to have a new one in by the end of next summer, if not sooner.

No comments: