Saturday, December 08, 2007

45 and counting

As of this morning, I'm down 45 pounds. Giddy up! I feel like this is sort of a watershed moment for me. I've received quite a few compliments lately, I'm down into the 30's with my pants, and Friday was the last time I'll ever wear my old tux. Now THAT feels good! The last time I weighed this little (other than my Atkins sojourn a year or two ago) was 1992 or 1993. There's no question now that I'll hit my 50 lb. goal by New Year's. After that, I'm going to keep heading in that direction. My immediate goal will be to lose another 20 pounds, hopefully by sometime in March, or at the latest April 1. Then 15 or 20 more after that, hopefully by the end of June. I'll be a new man by then--but then again, I already am. It feels good. As to the kind of partying mood I'll be in this New Year's Eve, there's no question this will be a great New Year's. I'm thinking 2008 will be a banner year for me. At least that's what I'm hoping for, and on December 31, I'll be celebrating having 50 pounds less on me than I did the year before. I'll lift a glass--or two or three--in celebration of that!

No comments: