Friday, June 27, 2008

Reports from the Cake Front

Man, the new cake is TASTY! Giddy up! It's a gooey decadent chocolate thingy that I think has a nice theme, and might just be the sort of thing that will get the judges attention. I took it over to my fellow westsiders last night and they and the friends I had over enjoyed it. I used some tricks I learned to keep some of the innards really gooey, and so it feels like there's chocolate frosting swirled on the inside of the thing, and that can never be a bad thing. I think this cake is just fine after its maiden voyage, so no obsessing over this one, thankfully!

I've got another idea for a key lime inspired cake swirled with some coconut flavoring. I'm not sure how it will be, but it may hold promise too.

I think it's going to look like I'll be entering six different cakes this year, and this year's theme will all be related to swirls of stuff mixed in.

No comments: