Thursday, June 05, 2008

Tart Time



Who else do you know who takes pictures of pies? I'm a crazy man. All I'm saying though is that this one was perhaps the tastiest pie/tart creation I've whipped up in the kitchen, and my mom (God bless her--she's my biggest fan) thinks this is the best thing I've ever given to her to try. She told me as I left that I couldn't give the recipe out to anyone, which of course is nice to hear.

On a completely different note, here's a funny niece story. I spent the night last night at Jim and Kara's and helped them with a few projects around the house today. Gianna was with her cousins for most of that time and so I didn't see her until late tonight. As she bounded over to me on the couch, she asked me a question.

"Are you married yet Uncle Dan?"

"Nope, not yet."

"You should maybe go out for drinks sometime."

"Yeah, do you think so?"

"Mm-hmm. You should go meet your wife at a bar."

"Do you think that's a good place to meet a woman?"

She nodded her head vigorously in affirmation.

Gianna's five. That cracked me up. I told Kara though and she was appalled. Apparently they've been watching a lot of Wild, Wild, West, and James West is always meeting women in the saloon. Gianna's smart enough to make the leap from saloon to bar and naturally she thought Uncle Dan might have as much luck as James West does.

I'll let you know if I meet any bar maidens anytime soon.

No comments: