Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Another Three Berry Tart

I've been jonesing for another three berry tart. I want to come up with a quick and easy recipe, with a tasty crust that can be done in the food processor and then just put in the pan, with the berry mixture right on top. I just bought a boatload of almonds, and so I've been contemplating a ground almond crust and topping. I'm thinking of grinding up a cup of almonds, adding a cup of flour, a little bit of sugar, cinnamon and almond extract with a stick of melted butter. I think I'll need to prebake it a little bit, just to set it and I think precooking the filling while the shell is in the oven will speed the baking process and make sure the crust doesn't burn before the filling is finished.

I'll let you know how it turns out, and Jim and Kara will be able to sample it tonight, since I'm heading their way tonight to help with some home projects tomorrow.

(I much prefer this to following a recipe.)

No comments: