Thursday, July 24, 2008

Quirkiness

My good friend Scott over at The Glory of Everything tagged me for this meme from the blogosphere. Here are the rules:

  1. Link the person(s) who tagged me
  2. Mention the rules on my blog
  3. Tell about six unspectacular quirks of mine
  4. Tag six fellow bloggers by linking them
  5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.
There's a slight problem: I think I'm a bit of a blogging hermit, so the people I would tag have already been tagged. And as to unspectacular quirks, I know I'm a quirky guy, but I'm at a loss to come up with some, other than those things that would lead people to believe I have OCD tendencies, so those stay with me. I think my friends would be better able to describe the unspectacular quirks that I have. I don't think I pick my nose in public, but I would hope that my friends would tell me if I did.

OK...some are coming to me:

1. If I do any gossiping, I'll always say something like this, "You know, this isn't something I should really talk about...but" and then I'll go ahead and say it anyway.

2. Every time I cross the sign marking the 45th parallel of the earth on my way to the U.P., I make a sound effect like I'm crossing through a force field or something, usually with an associated hand motion. I love that I can drive through the exact half way point between the equator and the north pole. I know it's a little nerdy.

3. Here's another U.P. related ritual. I always have to open the windows of my car when I cross the Mighty Mac--I like to think that it's the freshest air on earth, and it doesn't matter if it's windy, rainy, or snowy, or freezing cold, the windows are coming down.

4. I am always aware of whatever music is playing anywhere I go. I can't shut it out, ever. It usually annoys the heck out of me.

5. Anytime I stand up with my trombone on stage, I'll take my thumb on my valve and move it back and forth constantly until I sit down again.

6. I sometimes count the lines in a sidewalk.

(I prefer it when they end on an even number.)

1 comment:

Alison Hodgson said...

"I probably shouldn't say this..." is what you say...and then you do.

:)