My good friend Scott over at The Glory of Everything tagged me for this meme from the blogosphere. Here are the rules:
- Link the person(s) who tagged me
- Mention the rules on my blog
- Tell about six unspectacular quirks of mine
- Tag six fellow bloggers by linking them
- Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.
OK...some are coming to me:
1. If I do any gossiping, I'll always say something like this, "You know, this isn't something I should really talk about...but" and then I'll go ahead and say it anyway.
2. Every time I cross the sign marking the 45th parallel of the earth on my way to the U.P., I make a sound effect like I'm crossing through a force field or something, usually with an associated hand motion. I love that I can drive through the exact half way point between the equator and the north pole. I know it's a little nerdy.
3. Here's another U.P. related ritual. I always have to open the windows of my car when I cross the Mighty Mac--I like to think that it's the freshest air on earth, and it doesn't matter if it's windy, rainy, or snowy, or freezing cold, the windows are coming down.
4. I am always aware of whatever music is playing anywhere I go. I can't shut it out, ever. It usually annoys the heck out of me.
5. Anytime I stand up with my trombone on stage, I'll take my thumb on my valve and move it back and forth constantly until I sit down again.
6. I sometimes count the lines in a sidewalk.
(I prefer it when they end on an even number.)