Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Three Cake Day

I've made two cakes today, and I'm going to whip another one before I go to bed. I need to have some time tomorrow with the finished cakes to do some more "staging."

It's been difficult coming up with some ideas for St. Patrick's Day and the tropical cake, but after spending about four hours today shopping around at Pier One, World Market and T J Maxx I think I've got some winners for both. We'll see. I'm going to try several different tableaus tomorrow. (How often do you get to use THAT word?) You guys can be the judge since I'm tossing out a few options.

From here on out I'm going to make one more St. Patrick's Day Cake, another Father's Day cake and finally one run through of my Christmas cake. The pictures should all be ready to go by Thursday and then I'll tweak the flow of the directions and the essays on Friday. All told I'll have five entries this year.

Then it's off to California and Cabrillo on Saturday.

OK...off to go whip up a tropical cake.

No comments: