Monday, December 08, 2008

A Good Day

Today's turning into a good day--it appears I licked the cold that was nipping at my heels, thanks to plenty of sleep, vitamin C and Zicam. I was able to sleep in and come downstairs to an immaculately clean kitchen, thanks to my new found mother/daughter cleaning/support network. And it made me want to have some fun in the kitchen tonight for dinner. I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to be cooking, but I'm going to have some fun chopping and dicing, and doing it up right. I think I'll head to my favorite grocery store, The Fresh Market, and see what's in the store and come up with it when I see what they have in the offing.

And within the next hour or so, I'm off to coffee with another woman. We'll see how it pans out. I'm all spiffed and polished, and ready to chat with a delightful woman.

Then tonight, I think I'll light the first fire of winter, and actually enjoy a rare evening off and watch a movie, complete with popcorn with plenty of butter, and perhaps a bottle of wine.

No comments: