Sunday, December 07, 2008

Auditions

I received my Union paper today which lists every opening for orchestral jobs in the country. The one orchestra I would love to play in most in the country has a trombone opening, the Cleveland Orchestra. When I read that today, I decided that my life is going to be dedicated to the trombone from here on out until March 9. Hours and hours of practicing and recording myself, listening to recordings, studying scores, plus plenty of mock auditions in February, as well as a recital sometime in February as well too, all to prepare for one day in March.

If you think I’m obsessive about making the best cake, that’s nothing compared to how I view a trombone audition I really want. I’m going for it, with every fiber of my being. I’ve got a new trombone, and I’ve never felt better about my trombone playing or my chances for winning a big job. And there’s a big part of me that would love to move from Grand Rapids, away from memories of the most painful two years of my life.

I’m going to bring all of my powers of perseverance and musicianship to bear on this endeavor.

Bring it on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

go for it! and God bless you in the process.