Thursday, December 20, 2007

Dan's Confectionery

Well, it's been a long, but productive day. I have almost five finished products that came off the assembly line today: white chocolate malt truffles, peppermint stick bark, mint chocolate oreo bark, brittle/chocolate bark (using the leftover brittle from the truffles) and almond rochers, terrific almond/milk chocolate cookie things. Besides these there was the caramel debacle that needs a do-over though I don't think that's going to happen this year. Tomorrow's going to be busy too since I've got a few more things planned. Most of all, I'm itching to try my hand at making peppermint patties, the recipe that got me headed down this direction in the first place.

I've put a lot of time into these things, and I'm realizing that making your own chocolates ain't cheap either. I'm beginning to rethink my plans. When I think about how much time and energy I've expended on these things, I realize that I want them to go mainly to my family and my closest friends. I think I'll whip up some Chocolate Mint Explosion cookies for my colleagues, along with some pecan cookies. I want the people who I love the most to have my chocolates!

Oh, and I forgot to mention something that happened yesterday. I've got my eye on somebody, a woman I met yesterday. Talking with her was the first time in a year and a half I've actually been able to say, "Meg who?" That's a good sign, even if the woman doesn't say yes to coffee. But I have a feeling she will. At least I'm hoping. She works at a gourmet store that I really enjoy and we were able to strike up a conversation after she helped me find something. It turns out her family owns the place. I'm thinking that kind of woman would be perfect for me, don't you think? Anyway, we seemed to get along and I'll definitely be asking her out. And here's a bonus: she's really, really cute too. I'll let you know what happens.

3 comments:

Montana Sherry C said...

Why are you commenting on my blog at this time of night?

Step away from the chocolates and go to bed!

Dan said...

Don't you mean step away from the Free Rice and go to bed? I'm commenting on your blog because like a Siren, you put up Free Rice!

It's 2:30 and I'm addicted to the darn thing. I could do that sort of thing for hours. But now it truly is off to bed for me.

Unknown said...

W00t!