Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Ganache Day

Today is ganache day. I'm going to be making chocolates tomorrow in earnest and in order to get ready for that I need to get the ganaches made today so they can set up by tomorrow. this should be fun.

Here's what I have planned:

  • White chocolate surrounding some white chocolate coconut ganache. This is something I made at the CIA a couple of summers ago and it was tasty!
  • Dark chocolate with a raspberry ganache
  • From a great book called Chocolate Obsession I plan to make a white chocolate/malt ganache, coated with what the author calls honey brittle, then dipped in milk chocolate. I think this one is going to be fantastic!
  • White chocolate filled with Nutella
  • And if I have time, dark chocolate with an orange/Grand Marnier filling, with little bits of orange peel inside for good measure.
  • Peppermint white chocolate bark
  • Peppermint patties.
Besides this, I'm in the middle of making a bunch of fun gelees. I've made raspberry, passion fruit and pomegranate so far. I've got plans for blueberry, guava, lime, grapefruit, orange, and a few other tropical fruits. They're incredibly easy and very tasty. In the photo you can see raspberry and passion fruit. I think once they're all out on a platter they'll look fantastic.

This is what I call fun.

No comments: