Friday, February 01, 2008

I find I've been thinking about Meg more than usual this week. She comes to mind every day still, but she's more on my mind this week because I'll be heading to where she lives tomorrow night for a concert. I've been grateful that she and I don't live in the same town--I don't need to worry about running into her at all really. I've purposely avoided going to her town and the last time I drove that stretch of road was the day she told me no. That's been almost five months.

I still miss her profoundly. I know it's silly, but I really don't want to drive there tomorrow. Some friends are celebrating a birthday and they invited me to go one of the pubs that Meg and I frequented. I don't ever want to go back to that bar. I'm making a beeline for home as soon as I'm done with the concert. I feel like I'll be on enemy turf--no sense staying there any longer than necessary.

1 comment:

Alison Hodgson said...

It's not silly, Dan.

Take care of yourself and your heart. I was writing earlier in the week about how our memories become imprinted on things and places.

The onramp to West bound I-96 at Cascade is Christopher's diagnosis, a dense audiologist, Paul's seeming lack of support and it's just an onramp.

11 years later, I can drive it without a pang, most of the time I don't even think of it, and then some times I do remember.

If it helps, we'll be driving that same stretch of road tonight too.