Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Bird by Bird

I'm taking a break from sifting through everything that I've either written or photocopied for inclusion in one pivotal chapter of my book. I was a bit overwhelmed by the task before me, so took to heart advice that Anne Lamott gives in her book, Bird by Bird. I have sat down with papers and scissors, after tagging every paragraph with up to three possible large categories where it might best belong, and am in the middle of sorting through them all. It's a bit tedious, but I think if I continue to plug away at this throughout the rest of this week, I will have a workable rough draft of this chapter, which is encouraging, to say the least.

I have a goal before me to have at least two, (hopefully three), chapters in a presentable rough draft by the end of this month. I am attending a conference in July where I will be able to meet some individuals who I believe will be able to help to steer me towards a publisher as well as give positive feedback, and ultimately, provide endorsements for the back of the book.

It's time for a lunch break, and then back at it!

No comments: