Considering my belief that the best answer to suffering that can be found is found in the words, life and teaching of Christ, I have to think that this wasn't a coincidence. It's kind of exciting actually--we had a stimulating conversation, and I hope to follow up with her, keenly aware of the fact that no one has been argued into the kingdom. I'm just going to tell her what I believe, that's all. I'm going to pray, sit back, and see if God can use me in her life. That's exciting.
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Coincidence?
I saw one of my friends at work today, sitting in the corner where she usually sits, reading a book. As is my wont, I sidled up to her and asked her what she was reading. This is the book she showed me:

Considering my belief that the best answer to suffering that can be found is found in the words, life and teaching of Christ, I have to think that this wasn't a coincidence. It's kind of exciting actually--we had a stimulating conversation, and I hope to follow up with her, keenly aware of the fact that no one has been argued into the kingdom. I'm just going to tell her what I believe, that's all. I'm going to pray, sit back, and see if God can use me in her life. That's exciting.
Considering my belief that the best answer to suffering that can be found is found in the words, life and teaching of Christ, I have to think that this wasn't a coincidence. It's kind of exciting actually--we had a stimulating conversation, and I hope to follow up with her, keenly aware of the fact that no one has been argued into the kingdom. I'm just going to tell her what I believe, that's all. I'm going to pray, sit back, and see if God can use me in her life. That's exciting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
As I think about this more, the beautiful thing is that if God is calling this woman to himself, (and we know he is) I don't need to worry about a thing. I just need to be available, and ask that God would give me the wisdom to say what he wants me to say, with a voice of charity that isn't interested in arguing. I think the most compelling thing is always our own story, not whether or not we'd win in debate class.
Post a Comment